KPN Ventures is the venture capital investment arm of KPN, The Netherlands’ leading telecom & ICT service provider.
KPN Ventures invests, both directly and indirectly, in companies with innovative products and business models to create technological and economical synergies with KPN and its customers. KPN does this, not only by providing capital, but more importantly by enabling access to KPN’s extensive expertise in connectivity, security and related technologies, to our leading network infrastructure and to our large customer base. As an active business partner we put strong emphasis on long term partnerships and therefore acknowledge that we must mutually profit from each other on a sustainable basis.
Our Investment Scope:
We focus on early growth-stage investments (series A/B) in European high growth companies. Our investments typically range from 0.5 to 2.5 million euro for minority stakes, building long-term partnerships, ultimately aiming for external exits, not acquisitions.
Our Sector Focus:
We focus on new growth sectors connected to our core Telecom & IT sectors including:
- Internet of Things (IOT)
- Connected Home
- Over the top (OTT) consumer services
- Mobile identification & payment
- Cloud Services
- Data & analytics
Our Investment criteria:
We use the following criteria to prioritise investment opportunities:
- Complementary team with track record
- Innovative product with unique competitive advantage
- Sufficient commercial traction(>€0.5 mln revenues, growth, CAC<CLV)
- (internationally) scalable model and large market potential
- Realistic product development, marketing/sales and financial plan
- Strategic link with KPN with potential for value creation through cooperation
- Sufficiently attractive deal with 3-5x return potential
Interested to work with us? Read here how to best contact us.
Want to receive our monthly newsletter? Sign up here.